Revlon Colorburst Lip Crayons

I feel as if I am so late on the bandwagon to this new lip product I've discovered. I mean I only find out after I've purchased it that everyone's already passed the hype.

I picked up the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm. I've never tried a lip crayon before and this has lived in my handbag since I've bought it. These lip crayons come in a wide range of colours. The Revlon Colorburst don't only come in a matte balm but also come in lacquer balm and a balm stain. I've found that the lacquer balm has more of a glossy effect once on your lips and the matte is essentially what it is - matte. The balm stain is not as effective and doesn't have that great of an effect because it's more of a lip balm with a twinge of colour rather than a lip crayon. Out of all three, I would say that the matte balm probably has the most effect and shows up more vibrant on lips.





I got two colours. One is 'sultry' which is a darker pink with not as much of radiant pop but that's what I was going for. It reminds me of a grey pink. On my lips however, the colour applies lighter than it looks, not a great deal lighter but lighter than expected. I have to say I am quite satisfied with the colour. Lighter shades have never really looked good on my lips so I wasn't sure if this was going to look too light on me that I was going to look ill. Turns out I had nothing to worry about and it actually really suited to both my skin. This pink shade does look really nice in the Summer as it's not too bright yet not too dark. I also picked up the shade 'enchanting' which is a nude colour. This colour is actually too light for my darker skin so I DO look ill. I donated this to my friend Jade, who has lighter skin than me and pulls the colour off way better.

This colour surprisingly stays on quite well. I had this on during dinner and I didn't feel the need to reapply after eating. The colour still shone through enough but it does wear a little bit, which is a given, but for the most part it's not too bad. It also has a bit of a minty tangy taste when you put it on which I find weird and I don't love it, but it doesn't really matter THAT much to me.

I would definitely repurchase however I can't say that after trying this lip crayon that I prefer it over regular lipsticks. I still think a classic lipstick is my favourite but I would definitely recommend this product!

Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul