The Bachelor Season 21 // Finale Recap

Oh my Goodness.

Talk about an emotional roller coaster of a Finale.

Let me begin by saying that this has been so different from any other season of 'The Bachelor'. I never knew what the hell Nick was going to do. I am so surprised that Raven is in his final two! Satisfied, but surprised.

I'd like to go on record and say that I predicted the winner to be Vanessa, in Episode 1. At this stage she has to win, if anything for the sake of my damn pride. I just think that they'd be the best couple. I feel as if Nick needs someone like Vanessa to challenge him and piss him off. She asks him about everything like where they will move and how it's going to work and I think she's only being practical. Whereas Raven doesn't question that. I do sense the chemistry between him and Raven but I don't think they have as much as him and Vanessa.

If I'm being completely honest he could end up with anyone as long as it's not Corinne. It's not that I didn't like Corinne but I don't think she did a very good job of showing that she's in it for the long run. And she was so entitled.

I would love to come from such a big family like Nick. I think his comfort in this process is that he's got his family to fall back on for comfort. His mum and dad appear to be happy but worried for him. Which I get, with his track record and all. Both the girls meet his family and they look very content with his final two women. I'm worried that Nick has no idea what he's doing and who he loves and my comfort is that Nick's family looks just as bloody concerned.

Raven is very different from Vanessa. Vanessa is scared that it was her last night with Nick ever. And Raven was almost confident that it would be her. I'm not sure if it was just edited this way but I never heard Raven question her relationship with Nick and the fact that there's still another woman involved. I was just so surprised that she wasn't scared or worried.

It made it all the more depressing and tear-jerking when Nick lets her go. It was so sad! I didn't think it was going to be that sad. But I was sat there with silent tears running down my face watching Nick cry. And hearing Nick say he was going to miss her was the final blow to my already damaged heart. At this point one of my friends said, "But he gave her, her first orgasm!" And that moment passed.

It's impossible to dislike Raven. She's the token sweet southern belle of the season and at the same time she's such a bad ass. But it's so obvious that this is not the end of the world for her. She's gorgeous. And she's beat a man with a stiletto so who wouldn't want her?

Nick looks genuinely upset about the fact that he had to send Raven home (either that or he's really cold because Finland. I don't know how he's going to explain to Bella he didn't pick Raven. But anyway! Now he's ready to be with Vanessa. The way Nick looks at her when she's speaking is obviously so full of love. I like that he says something like I'm ready to put this behind me because you're my future. The proposal was so adorable neither of them could stop crying and it was so beautiful.

But most of all, I think I speak for all of Bachelor nation when I say the best part of the Finale is that Nick Viall is finally, FINALLY no longer a bachelor. If him and Vanessa do not work out I don't know if he or I will be more distressed.



That's all from me! Now that I've finished with 'The Bachelor', I'm going to start binge watching 'Doctor Who'! I'll be back when Rachel Lindsay's (can I just say, YAY!) season of 'The Bachelorette' begins.

Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read