SiliSponge // Review & Discussion

I am so late to the party I know.

But I thought I should bite the bullet and order a silisponge. I ordered mine from Korah Beauty. They had them going for 40% off and had free shipping down under (Aus). So I was like BARGAIN and bought one. I'm a shopaholic. I'm aware.

This is not the original silisponge. The original is from Molly Cosmetics but that's from the US and it would've cost me more. And I didn't want to spend more money...that I already don't have (oops). 

Shipping was fairly quick I got it within a week and it came in this pink little bag. Which is like a snap lock bag. So whenever I have't been using it I just leave it in the bag.


The sponge itself does actually look like a breast implant. Everyone said it did and I didn't believe them but now that I'm holding it, it does feel like a breast implant. It is so squishy! I keep squeezing mine trying to make it explode because I'm such a child. It's like a convex kind of shape. I know you can get them flatter than this but I like mine more convex because using it I feel as if it reaches the inner corners of your face better.




The best way to use the silisponge is to NOT use it like a brush. Do not go over your face in circular motions. I find the only way you can use a silisponge is to press the product into your skin. I tried to rub with this and I was literally just re-arranging the foundation on my skin and I looked ashier than my fireplace.

I've found that with looser and more lightweight foundations it's a bit more diverse. I can get away with dotting the foundation on my face and taking my time to press it in. But with dryer foundations, the foundation gets a bit tackier and harder to blend. I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear and because that is oil-free there's less moisture. And because there's no moisture in the silisponge, unlike a damp beauty blender, it was a little bit harder to blend. So if you're using a dryer foundation don't dot it on your face, but apply a bit at a time and then blend.

Less is more! When it comes to the silisponge, you need much less product than you would normally use. This is where everyone sort of goes wrong. I tried to put the usual amount of foundation on with the silisponge at first, BIG MISTAKE. I just ended up looking really wet. As soon as I put less product on, I ended up looking absolutely fine.

I have to admit, I love the silisponge. I think you have to use it a certain way in order for it to make it work for you but I am obsessed with it. And it's so economical because you're using less product! And when I clean it, all I do is put some make-up remover on a cotton pad, wipe the product off and then dip the silisponge under some warm water.

So go and get one! You won't regret it.
Much Love
- E 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read