Book Haul

Now that my exams are over, I've been doing a catchup on all the reading I should've done over the year. I got a job solely so I can buy more books. Which I have obviously been doing. Firstly I would like to point out that you don't have to always buy books at an expensive price. A lot of these books I've bought from second hand stores. The book depository, which I'm sure you've heard of if you love reading, is essential for buying books new for a cheaper price and they do free postage! So if you really want new books for a cheaper price then the book depository is the way to go. I bought all these over a range of different places, some second hand some new. But it doesn't  matter they're all books after all.


Unlucky Break - Kate Forster 

I've read this book before last summer but I picked up a copy from Good Sammy's because I loved it so much I wanted a copy. It's about a girl who's mother passes away so she moves in with her aunt in Los Angeles and she ends up running into this Hollywood actor and she just basically ends up spinning in this world of celebrity's. A must read!


While it Lasts - Abbi Glines 

I've heard of Abbi Glines' series Fallen Too Far but I can already tell that'll end in a heartbreak so I've avoided it, However I picked this one up just to give her writing a go. I'm a couple chapters in and it's decent and I'm enjoying it! It's about a guy who has to spend the summer on a farm because he needs to make a football scholarship and about a girl who's fiance has just died. And you can probably assume they get together.


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson 

I've heard a lot about this book and about Morgan Matson as well. This was the first Morgan Matson book I'd ever heard about and so I've wanted to read it for ages. It's about these two teenagers, obviously named Amy and Roger. Amy's father has just died and so her mother decides to uproot the two of them and move across America. And so Amy has to drive to her new home but doesn't want to do it alone so a family friend named Roger accompanies her and it's just about the adventure the both of them have. Because this book is about travelling and whatnot, I'm actually planning to take it on holiday to Malaysia with me.


The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards 

I picked this up at the shop the other day when I was at a Good Sammy's because my friend Sarah said it was really interesting. It's about a doctor named David who has to deliver his own twins because of a storm and he delivers twins, a boy and a girl. He the realises that his daughter has down syndrome and decides to ask the nurse Caroline to take her to an institution. However the nurse decides to take the baby and raise her in a different town. The book is about when these two families collide and the repercussions of the father's actions. I'm looking foward to reading this when I get the chance.



The Potion Diaries - Amy Alward 

This is actually a really good, easy and adventurous read! I've already finished reading this, in fact I read it all in one day. It's about this alchemist, Samantha who has to compete against other alchemists to find the cure for the princess who has accidentally poisoned herself with a love potion. There's a bit of love, lots of adventure and it's just a really nice and easy read. Alward has mixed in an old world with a new world. Such as an older setting with newer aspects such as social media. Would recommend to anyone.


Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella 

This is the first Sophie Kinsella book I've ever read, as it's her most famous. And to be quite honest, I don't see the hype. I don't love it that much. This book stars Becky Bloomwood and her troubles with money despite working as a journalist that gives financial advice at a magazine. There's also this new guy she's got her eye on.I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I prefer the movie. I can't even finish the book. I just wasn't feeling it.


Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult 

Jodi Picoult's books are quite popular except I've only read My Sister's Keeper for a book club last year and really enjoyed it. The thing is that her books can be quite emotional. I think it's because she writes about situations that could actually happen. So I can only read her books when I'm in certain moods. This book is about a woman called Delia who's got a pretty good life. She's got a lovely fiance, a beautiful baby girl, a great father and a steady job. Then she realises that it's all a lie and her perfect life comes crashing down. I've enjoyed it and it had me in tears. I may do a book review on it because there's a lot to talk about.


Carry On - Rainbow Rowell 

If you love YA romance novels then you'll love anything Rowell writes. Carry On is essentially Draco and Harry fanfiction. It's about a magical world of magic where Simon Snow is possibly the worst hero ever, which is the opinion of his room mate Baz. I want to read it because I read Fangirl and Carry On was the fanfiction that the main character Cath was writing. And now it's turned into a book and I'm so happy. I've brought this on holiday with me too because it's like the perfect holiday book to read.

What books have you bought? Which have you enjoyed reading and which have you not? Hope you're enjoying Christmas season!
Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul