2016's ULTIMATE TBR

You know those books that you want to read that you've placed at the back of your mind? You've either got the books on your shelf or every time you go past the library or a book store you remind yourself that you've got to pick that one up and then go and pick up another book. Well I understand. I've got a whole bunch of books that I have been telling myself I need to read and then never read. I've had a load of time on holiday to think about what I want to read (see picture below) so, really more for my own benefit, I have compiled a list of books/series that I want to read in 2016. Maybe next year around this time I'll let you know which one's I've read and not read!



1. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner 
To be quite frank, I really did not give much of a care for this book series until recently. I went to my cousin's house and they were saying we should watch the movie version, being all "It's really good! You should watch it!" So they put it on and man am I hooked! My god I am so hooked I now need to read all of them ASAP. The book is about a teenage boy named Thomas who has no memories of his past life and then turns up in a crate in a Maze of sorts. He meets a whole community of boys there who have spent the last three years trying to get out of the maze and trying to discover who has put them in the maze. It is really really interesting and now I am dying to read the books.

2. To All the Boys I've Loved Before series by Jenny Han 
I went to borrow this out at the library and then realised I borrowed the second book in the series Ps: I love you. So I couldn't read the book as it didn't make any sense to me. The first book is about Lara Jean and she writes letters, (which she doesn't deliver) to all the boys she's loved before. Then someone delivers all the letters to all the boys and so then there she is in this giant huge mess and has to confront all the boys who now know her deepest secrets. This is every girls nightmare so I'd love to read this and see how she deals with it.

3. More novels by Jodi Picoult 
I've recently read Vanishing Acts and I loved it so much so I know that I need to read more of her books. She writes books that you pick up on a cold Sunday afternoon in Winter. So I'll be looking forward to this.

4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 
The thing about this novel that roped me in, was the title; Lolita. Is it just me or does the name Lolita sound so sexy and exquisite? So then I decided to read up on the book and have wanted to read it ever since. The story is about Humbert who is traumatised over the death of his childhood love Annabel. He grows to be obsessed with young girls who are sexually desirable and sexually aware. It sounds like an interesting novel about the nature of human behaviour. I admit, he sounds creepy but really the interesting aspect over weighs that. And also because they mentioned

5. All of Rainbow Rowell's novels 
After reading Fangirl as well as currently reading Carry On, I know that I have to read the rest of her writing. And I literally mean all. I want to read the rest of her books so bad. If you're not sure, the rest of her books are Attachments, Eleanor and Park and Landline. I love her writing so much because I just understand her humour and find it hilarious and when she mixes it in with romance and adventure.

6. The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
I've read the first book in this series, which is Delirium, but I have yet to read the rest, Pandemonium and Requiem. The series is about Lena Haloway who lives in a dystopian world where love is seen as a disease and when everyone turns eighteen, they're given the cure which prevents them from experiencing true emotions and basically live the rest of their mundane lives out. Lena is looking foward to her cure but then she meets Alex. You can see how this ends.

7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett 
After watching the movie version of this, (which was so emotionally moving) I knew I had to read the book. The book is about the relationship of coloured maids with the privileged Caucasian children that they look after. Set in the 1960's,the main character Skeeter, has just graduated from college and does not know where her maid, who she constantly finds solace in, Constantine has gone. Two coloured maids, Aibileen and Minny have looked after so many children they've lost count. The story is about these three women who have pushed out of their social boundaries in order to achieve something great within their small town.

8. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick 
This is your typical boy next door story and I hate to admit it, but I am a sucker for a boy next door story. I just love it when people fall in love, it makes me feel all bubbly on the inside! This is about teenage Samantha who essentially ends up meeting her neighbours, the loud and hectic Garrett's. She eventually meets Jase and you can guess what happens. It is not even 2016 yet but I have already got an eBook version of this on my phone. Look at me making GREAT progress! 

9. My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
This is a selection of short stories by a number of authors. Basically anyone who writes good romance has taken part in this book; Rainbow Rowell, Gayle Forman and Stephanie Perkins to name a few and they're all edited into one by Stephanie Perkins. They're all love stories based around Christmas so I know it would be perfect to read this during Christmas but as Australian Christmas does not fall during our Winter, I figure I'll just read it in Winter.

There you go, my list of the books I want to read in 2016. I'll be back in a year to let you know how many of them I've read. I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and a lovely New Year and that 2016 brings you all that you hope for.

Much love
-E 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul