A Beautiful Island: Langkawi!

Hello!

I went to Langkawi for a little bit after Christmas and I can say I've fallen in love. When I am sick of this world, I will be going to Langkawi to live with a ginger cat and golden retriever. That is all I want out of life. But seriously, Langkawi is beautiful and I love it so much. It's away from everything that it's so easy for you to forget whatever is going on in your life - which is slightly the point of a holiday if you ask me. Whether it be, going back to work or even the small things like changing your pair of contact lenses, Langkawi actually makes you forget about all that.

I stayed at the Sunset Beach Resort which is near/in (I can't remember which) the Pantai Cenang area. This area is pretty nice to stay at because everything is in walking distance, which is something you'd definitely want in Langkawi because driving is a headache and a half. There's nowhere to park. It's near staples of Langkawi such as Underwater World and a lot of Duty Free shops. There are also places around there to buy groceries and go for some food to eat.


Sunset Beach Resort

The beach view from the resort

Cool glass fermented from the beach



The Yellow Beach Cafe - awesome food




Pulau Dayang Banting (when translated it means Island of the Pregnant Maiden), one of the islands we went to island hopping. Home of Dayang Bunting Lake which is very majestic. 

Langkawi Cable Car (you wait hours for this thing)

The wait for the cable car was so long I had to busy myself somehow. 



The view from the top; you can see parts of Thailand from here - it's also the scariest thing. 


Love locks 
The walk to the Sky Bridge. I would definitely not advise with a weak heart or any major medical conditions to do this. 

The Sky Bridge, which is 100 metres high and 125 metres in length

I'm not scared of heights but I thought I was going to die.
My smile was so fake, I was trembling 

All in all, Langkawi was really lovely. I loved all the exciting things to do and the area we stayed at.

Much Love
-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul