The Bachelor Finale Recap

The reason this is a blog post is because my family and friends are sick of me going on about The Bachelor to the point where they're just generally sick of me. Hence, it's now on the internet for everyone to read at their own will instead.

*Bachelor spoilers ahead, continue at your own risk*

The USA Bachelor Finale aired on 14th of March and after rose ceremony after rose ceremony, this season has finally come to an end. I have been watching The Bachelor every single Wednesday with my two friends, Sarah and Theresa, who I have recruited into the craze. We had the prediction that Ben breaks up with one woman and then realises that she is the one and calls her back, (based on regularly deceiving promos of course) and I predicted that based on this prediction and the time of day that both girls are in the helicopter, that he picks Jojo.

Two things first and foremost;

1. Ben Higgins, from what I can tell is such a lovely guy. I do not understand this hype the media has got going on about how he is 'boring'. What more do they want out of him? The show is an hour long and is meant to focus on the his relationships, not his personality which if you really wanted to write an accurate description about - you should've gone on The Bachelor. I for one think he is great and had no problems with him at all.

2. I have been rooting for Lauren B. since she stepped out of the limo. You can't help but like her can you? She's giggly, sweet, sincere and obviously very beautiful. That being said, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad if Jojo didn't get his final rose. This is the easiest way I can put it; I'd be sad if Jojo didn't get the final rose but I'd be devastated if Lauren didn't. But all in all, I think they're both great women and as a viewer I still want the both of them to be happy. (I'm too attached, can you tell?)

The finale starts off with Lauren and Jojo who are both gushing over Ben due to the fact that he told them BOTH that he loved them. It's almost depressing they're both so happy because everyone knows one is only about to get happier and the other is going to be eating A LOT of chocolate. Ben who is obviously very distressed that he loves two women, (most men would just be chuffed that so many women wanted to be with him but not Ben, because he's just perfect). Just looking at his face I can see all he is thinking is, "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"

Now both girls are meeting his family. Firstly, Ben's mum finds out that he loves two women and has told them and I bet you even SHE is thinking "oh shit". Both girls have the perfect first meeting of the parents. Lauren comes in all Lauren; she's composed and elegant as Ben's mum says and she's honest about her feelings with his parents and Ben. No dramas. Jojo comes along and her date is pretty much the same. She's her usual self; polite and lovely, a little nervous, as you would be but once again, no dramas. Ben's parents like that she calms him down and is comforting and it is obvious that they have more of a liking to Jojo. Now I am a statistics girl; in Ben Flajnik's season, when his parents met Courtney Robertson they thought she'd be the best as a wife to him.

Cue the last one-on-one dates. Lauren and Ben are on a boat making out. Ben is obviously a bit stressed about who he wants to choose. Lauren is comforting him and he's telling her she's beautiful and you can tell she just really wants him to be happy. All in all it's a tad awkward; I mean when one of your girlfriends ask you what's wrong it's a bit hard to say "I don't know which one of you I like better" isn't it? Then he comes to see her in the night and she is obviously upset that he's unsure and she's not stupid, she's worked out that Ben could love Jojo. Lauren just keeps telling him that she's ready to be with him, so many times that if he doesn't get it at that point... Then Jojo and Ben go on their last one-on-one date. And they're playing Jane and Tarzan swinging from tree to tree, trying not to drown whilst making out. Then straight away, Jojo asks what their going to do if they end up together. And from there it just goes downhill. She definitely asks a lot more questions than Lauren. Back in her hotel room, Ben is trying his best to explain to her that he's unsure and it's just as awkward as Lauren's date. Then Jojo wants a damn sign from him. She literally wants him to tell her that he's going to choose her...so she drags him into the bathroom so they, most likely, don't get in trouble with the producers. She asks him straight out 'You love her too' and he says yes (I mean he can't lie to her). Now she's sobbing in a bathroom and someone should really tell her that they can pick up the audio anyways so they may as well get up off the bathroom floor.

Both girls are feeling very confused and upset obviously. All in all this is Ben's summary which I have now summarised:
- He and Jojo have faced issues (her v. overprotective brothers and ex who still wants her back) and he knows that no matter how hard it can be, they could work through it.
Isn't that a good thing?
- With Lauren it's been too easy and too perfect that he doesn't know if it's real or that it'll work out.
When did being too perfect become a problem?
And I really think now that he's going to pick Jojo. Because maybe he thinks his relationship with Lauren is too perfect because he just unconsciously wants to be with Jojo.

Then he picks the ring and he just knows who he's going to pick (So my theory of him calling the first one back went down in flames). Side note: Jojo and Lauren have great fashion sense. And now it is the big moment where we see who he says goodbye too. A delicate leg with a sexy, silver stiletto steps out of the helicopter (of course it's a helicopter) who could be anyone's and we can't see her dress yet. And Ben in the voice over says he loves this woman but he loves someone more. There's a moment where you as a viewer finally realise THIS IS IT. And low and behold he says goodbye to...

Jojo

Well talk about misleading. I mean this next part is just as bad as you think it'll go. She's telling him she loves him and then she realises once he starts talking that she's not the coveted 'one'. She is salty as hell first off (as you would be). He offers to walk her to the limo and she's all "If you want". He's still saying even today I still love you and really you can tell she just wants him to shut up because he's still rejecting her. There's nothing he can say at this point but "I made a mistake" or "Will you marry me?" that will make her feel better. She's distraught and sad and so is he and it does make me sad to watch. You don't want to see someone who appears genuine and lovely, sob. 

But this means that Ben picks the dear and beloved Lauren! WOOOOOOP WOOOOP. Ben is obviously upset that he had to say bye to Jojo, but you can tell that he would do this whole thing all over again and again, if it meant he got to spend every waking moment for the rest of his life with Lauren. And then *swoon* he calls Lauren's dad and asks him for her hand in marriage! HOW CAN THE MEDIA SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HIM AT THIS POINT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND. He literally cheers when he's off the phone and you can see that he could burst at any second. I've watched this three times and all three times I haven't been able to stop my eyes welling up because deep down I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm happy as hell for them! 

Nothing is registering for Lauren, she's waiting for him to hit her with that 'but'...however it doesn't happen. She doesn't keep looking shocked until he gets down on one knee. She's overcome with emotion at this point and can't stop smiling and they never want to let each other go (cue more of my tears). He can't get her out of there quick enough. He literally sweeps her off her feet and they get on that helicopter, running off into the sunset. 

There you have it! The bachelor is no longer a bachelor and even at the After The Final Rose you can tell they're happy as Larry. Jojo looks happy and reiterates time and time again that she thinks they're both great and that she is happy for them too. And she hasn't really lost out because she's now the Bachelorette (which you can tell Ben is so happy for her, he stands up and claps along with the audience). In a sense it's a happy ending for the final two and Ben? Has this ever happened? I don't know but I'm loving it! 

Signing off now think I've said enough for a lifetime. 
Much Love! 
- E 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul