Brown Rice Salad

I'm not that type of blogger (if you could even call me that) that post recipes and such. Because, if I'm honest...I don't cook. I like my pizza delivered and not in my oven, if you catch my drift. That being said, I feel the need to share this with you because I really love this meal and can actually cook this! (I can actually be bothered to cook is what I mean)

So let me share with you, how to make brown rice salad! 

Ingredients: 
- 1/2 cup of brown rice (I mean really, just cook how much rice you want but for a proper meal, such as lunch, I cooked half a cup) 
- chicken (this is obviously optional)
- 1/4 cup of peas 
- 1/4 cup of corn 
- 1/4 of a red capsicum 
- 1 chopped chilli (this is optional)
- 1/2 of a small red onion
- 1/2 an avocado
- squeeze of 1/4 of a lemon
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- strand of chopped coriander
- a bit of lettuce (I mean how do you measure lettuce? You can't exactly say 1/4 of a bloody lettuce can you?)

Method:
1. Cook your brown rice. I prefer to cook it in a pot rather than a rice cooker. I use the ratio of 1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 of water. I cooked it for approximately 40-50 minutes.
2. You can prepare your chicken however you want and add whatever you want. If I'm honest I just buy a peri-peri chicken and put it in the oven because I am lazy. Once it's done I just peel the chicken into bite size pieces.
3. Chop all vegetables that need to be chopped. Obviously you don't need to chop things like your peas and corn. But finely dice your capsicum, chilli, onion and coriander. I suppose I could have chopped the avocado but I just scooped it out of its skin rather messily.
4. Put all of your ingredients in a bowl and voila you are done! 

The best part of making food of course is eating it. So enjoy. Eat. Don't stop until you're done. 
Much love 
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul