My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

I am always in a rush. And I absolutely HATE HATE HATE being late. I never have the time to do my make-up because I'm really lazy and always rushing out the door. If I'm honest, I rather sleep in than do my make-up in the mornings. But sometimes you just need to put something on to look a bit more lively.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation
(shade: Cappuccino 8W)
This does not feel like a foundation to me. It is super creamy and feels really nice on your skin. But at the same time, it doesn't make my skin look oily (and I get such oily skin). It's got medium coverage even though it has a lightweight consistency. Which is perfect for the summer, because I don't really want to be piling heavy amounts of makeup on myself in the hot sun. But when I do a bit more coverage I can build this foundation up.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder
(shade: Dark)
I've been using this as setting powder ever since I was 15. I can usually find a drug store foundation that suits my skin tone but rarely a setting powder that doesn't make me look like Caspar the friendly ghost. And MAC (thank goodness for MAC) does a good job of taking in all different shades into consideration. This sets my foundation perfectly and also evens out the skin tone between my forehead and cheeks.

Colourpop Brow Pencil 
(shade: Black N' Brown)
I tried this on a limb and ended up really liking it. Usually I prefer a pencil because I feel as if it's a bit more stability but the softness of this crayon type thing was actually really nice. I don't like the wax sort of thing so this was a nice in between, It gives me a defined yet slightly hobo look which I kinda dig. But you can build it up (in case you don't want to look like a hobo like me).


Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo

(shade: Chocolate Suede)
Ugh this product is so easy to use I freakin love it. I just use my finger, get the product on my eyelids and rub it so it looks like I'm a professional. After it's on I get a small brush just to soften out the edges. It's just so easy and looks the same hours later.  

Australis AcOnTour Contour and Highlight Kit
(shade: dark)
Despite the fact that this is REALLY powdery, it has actually stayed on face for 12 hours before. I don't know if this formula just really suits my skin type (combination/oily) or if it's just a really good drug store contour kit, but I'm amazed at how good this is. I use the darkest shade and the one next to it as a contour. And the lightest shade on the palette I use to bake under my eyes.




Benefit Roller Lash 

This is very similar to the Maybelline Lash Sensational except that is too big for my Asian eyes if I'm being honest. This is the perfect alternative for small eyes! It doesn't get black smudge all over my outer corners!


Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip 

(shade: Limbo)
I love me a dark brown lipstick. Colourpop is so popular now and it's for a reason. Everyone should get a colourpop liquid lipstick. Limbo is a really nice brown. My only caution is that the matte lips are really really drying. If you get really dry lips either invest in some lip balm or maybe try colourpop's satin or metallic liquid lipsticks.


I hope you've been having a good week!

Much Love
- E

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read