My Fave Fashion Shows

I've been keeping up with a couple of the really bangin fashion shows lately. Literally there were so many bloody great fashion shows that I had to pick some of my favourites. And I thought I would share some of my thoughts! Disclaimer: not a fashion expert, just your resident shopaholic.

Giambattista Valli 
I mean wow. Valli really put together a very diverse collection. The combination of billowy shapes and cocktail length dresses, makes it a workable collection. And you know me, always drawn towards a billowy, overflowing dress and a good plunging neckline. The colour palette went from yellows and lighter colours to darker wines. More diversity also stemmed from the materials. There was tulle, chiffon, silk, lace. All around just such a wicked collection full of elegant gowns to sexy little numbers.

Fendi
Talk about an innovative collection! Never in a million years did I think that you would be able to build a collection on floral inspiration. Mr. Lagerfeld did a beautiful job. It was like a walking flower show. Flowers and floral arrangements were spotted on waistlines and collars of garments. It beautifully made the silhouettes skitted and danced around the models' figures. The collection was a combination of both very grand and very sleek.

Rodarte
Everyone has been raving about this collection. And for good reason because the collection is really beautiful. Kate and Laura Melleavy have created a very structured yet ethereal vibe within their collection. The colour palette was compiled of very dark hues and lighter pastels. The material of the garments have then been builded upon with leather, ruffles, lace and pearls. Compiled with the fact that the whole show was literally in the middle of a garden; Majestic.  

Proenza Schouler 
Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez have created a perfect collection for the modern woman; working woman by day and party girl by night. The collection includes sexy and sleek numbers paired with fitted blazers and flare type pants. Lot of boudoir type elements such as leather. The palette is very monochromatic, which is always simple yet effective, with a pop of colour every now and then. A very romantic and bad ass collection.

Literally this post has taken me ages to compile because all I've been doing is watching Love Island. Which I love love LOVE.
Hope you're doing well and you've enjoyed hearing about these ba-ba-bangin collections!
Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read