What's in my Holiday Bag?

I am utterly and completely a 'maximalist'. I have no concept of minimalism unless we're talking about studying. I am a maximalist in all aspects of life. Shopping, eating, drinking cocktails - everything. I do everything in full. Including going on holiday and packing a carry bag. You gotta make sure you have all the necessities. Because the last thing you want to happen is to take "a nice walk along the beach before going back to the hotel" and be dying of thirst.

And also I am so nosey all the time and I love watching/reading 'What's in my Bags'.


This bag is the cheapest thing ever from K-mart. I was going on a beach holiday and so the last thing I wanted was to bring an expensive bag, get sand amongst it and then cry. This bag was $15 from K-Mart! And also it's one of those bags where it's never-ending and no matter what I stuff in there, there's still enough room. Because you know, I'm a maximalist.


First things first

Wallet: You won't get very far without money (you also won't get very far with money but that's a different story). I have a Bluebird wallet that I got on sale for $25. Whenever I'm travelling, I try not too carry too much cash on me just in case I get robbed. I also carry all my cards in a separate pocket in my bag. Just a lil travel tip for ya. 

Sunglasses: You can't see them in the photo but they're in the black case. I have a pair of aviators from Country Road. 

Panadol: For when you feel like shit. I think I was sick at the time when I was travelling. 

Water: Everyone should bring a water bottle with them every where they go! Stay hydrated every where you go. 

Baby Lips lip balm: The last thing you need on holiday is chapped lips believe me. Because then in every single photo that is all you will notice. You could also opt for a Lucas' Pawpaw ointment. Perfect for your lips. 

Ipod and Earphones: Every road trip you go on you'll need some bangin' jams. How else would I have survived a five hour car journey? 

Polaroid Camera: I never print my photos from my phone. So especially when I go on holiday I like to bring a camera of sorts. Whether it's a Polaroid or a disposable camera, I usually bring one with me. 

Book to Read: If you're a nerd like me than you need a good book on holiday. Even if you don't read it in the car (shout out to my car sick friends), I think it's still nice to have a paperback book to read. As opposed to a e-book on your phone or a Kindle. Which you should also still bring just in case. But if your phone dies, at least you've got a paperback. 

Tissues: for your issues. Lol no to go along with your panadol. And, if there's an emergency on the road, you are definitely going to need tissues. 

Phone: I mean, a necessity in my life I'm not even going to pretend. 



That's all from me gang. I hope that your travels during the Christmas season go as smooth as they can go. 
Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read