Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2018

Ya girl is stoked to have so many cool new book releases in 2018! I literally went through every single book (all 800+ of them) on the goodreads site to pick out which ones were my fave. Whether I can read them all IN 2018 is another question but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

And She Was by Jessica Verdi
(Expected in March)
When Dara, who's been with her single mum her whole life, finally sees her birth certificate, she has absolutely no idea who the two people on there are. It turns out that her birth mother passed away when she was younger and her mother is actually her father. Her mother is transgender and she was once her father. I just think this will be such an interesting story about family relationships and hopefully will do a great job of representing the trans community.

Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
(Expected in Dec)
This might be my most anticipated release of 2018. I literally cannot wait to read this whole series (I've been holding off reading the first two until the third one is out). I cannot wait to read about her two new characters and the world of demons, angels and faeries.

Save the Date by Morgan Matson
(Expected in June)
I'm pretty chuffed about a new Morgan Matson book. Especially since her last one was in 2016. Save the Date is all about families and how complicated they can be. And how past family relations don't always stick forever.

A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena
(Expected in Feb)
The story about a girl who's died in a car accident, told from the point of view of other people. Bit by bit, the life of Zarin Wadia comes together. I'm excited to read more novels about multi-cultural women. As an Indian/Chinese girl myself, I love when other cultures are explored in YA fiction.

American Panda by Gloria Chao
(Expected in Feb)
YAAAS! Another book from the point of view of a woman of colour (in this instance Taiwanese). This novel explores the life of Mei, who at 17 has jumped to from high school to MIT and has no idea how to tell her parents she does not want the life that they worked so hard to get her.

From Twinkle with Love by Sandhya Menon
(Expected in June)
Ya girl (me) loves a good YA novel with the Indian culture sewn intricately through. Feels like a book about my life. This is about Twinkle, an aspiring filmmaker, and how she handles family, friendship, career and of course boy problems. I also love Sandhya Menon's writing so I am ready for this book to come out already.

Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
(Expected in May)
When Kate (who is the dictionary definition of an introvert), gets roped into being the host of her high school's podcast, she does not expect to be good at it. And then some dude starts calling about advice about a girl, she's convinced the girl is her friend Alana. The only problem is that she starts to develop feelings for this anonymous caller. Honestly I love a typical high school romance story. Might die this is just sah cute.

Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
(Expected in July)
Evie has been an outcast in her small town since her best friend drowned. But when a girl appears on the shore who looks wildly similar to her best friend, some shit is definitely about to go down. You can tell I watched The Little Mermaid a bit too much when I was a kid. I mean I just love a good retelling of the Han's Christian Andersen story.

Royals by Rachel Hawkins
(Expected in May)
Daisy is your normal sixteen year old girl. She works at Wallmart and goes to high school. Except her older sister is pretty much engaged to the Crown Prince of Scotland. And when she gets roped into the public eye because of her sister, she's stuck with the Prince's younger brother who is determined to break all the rules. I'm just a tad obsessed with the Royal family to not read this book if I'm honest.

The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
(Expected in May)
Badass Clara loves a good prank and whatnot. But when one goes a little too far, she's stuck working on her dad's food truck for the summer. The only problem is...she actually likes working there. And she's worried that being invested in this business, means leaving who was behind. The character of Clara really interested me as she just seems like such a badass. And I love it when it's the female character that's the 'bad boy' (or in this case girl).

My So Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma
(Expected in May)
It's all fun and games until your (now ex) boyfriend cheats on you and nabs the position at the student film festival you've been vying for. Meet Winnie: this is her life. And she's got a lot to do to get her bollywood life back on track. Honestly who doesn't love a bit of Bollywood.

The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead
(Expected in June)
The third book in the Glittering Court series, Tamsin is an overachiever but when her ship is lost at sea...she's kind of screwed. There's only so much achieving you can do at sea. After reading the first book, I'm pretty stoked to read the next two.

9 Days & 9 Nights by Katie Cotugno
(Expected in May)
When Molly and her new boyfriend runs into her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend whilst backpacking through London, I mean, shit is about to go down. And when her new boyfriend invited them on their trip without knowing who they are, both Molly and her ex can't bear to anything. So now Molly has to spend time with the boy who's heart she broke for 9 days and 9 nights. LIKE OF COURSE I'M GOING TO LOVE THIS BOOK! (And it's also the sequel to 99 Days)

As She Fades by Abbi Glines
(Expected in April)
When Vale and her boyfriend get into a car accident and he falls into a coma, all of her college plans have fallen apart. Worse still, when her boyfriend wakes up from his coma and doesn't remember who she is, she's thrown into a world without her boyfriend. And also there's a love triangle and I love a good love triangle. And Abbi Glines' books are always a lil' saucy ;)

Surviving Adam Meade by Shannon Klare
(Expected in August)
Honestly I feel as if this book has been done a million times before. Like even on Wattpad, but I already know I love this stupid trope. Claire just wants to get out of town and to college, Adam just wants to get the girls (plural). But when they meet each other...

Almost Impossible by Nicole Williams
(Expected in June)
Spending time in Cali with her aunt, Jade thought she knew everything she was getting. Until she meets her new next door neighbour Quentin. And she soon realises that her trouble maker neighbour who closes up every time she comes close, has a dodge past with a weird ex-girlfriend. LIKE WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
(Expected in May)
I love Jenna Evans Welch's writing. I read Love and Gelato in 2017 and it was honestly just so perfect and it made my heart warm up and just rejoice. But this time, the main character Addie finds herself on a tour around Ireland with her brother and his very cute best friend. Maybe this tour and her newly discovered guidebook will heal her relationship with her brother. (And of course start a new one with his friend hehe - that's just my hopes though!)

The Art of French Kissing by Brianna R. Shrum
(Expected in June)
Carter thinks her life is nearly complete when she gets to partake in a prestigious scholarship competition for cooking. But when her cute new classmate goes out of her way to boycott her, she knows this means business. Who doesn't love a book full of yummy food and cute relationship thing, but mostly food.





I realise that most of the books on this list are contemporary and I honestly have no problem with that. I admittedly do love a good YA contemporary. Makes my whole world go round and hopefully makes me read more this year.

That's it from me right now. Ya girl is signing off!
Much Love
- E




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read