March: Read, Reading and To Be Read

Wow I haven't done one of these for so many months! I actually miss it.

Read: Beautiful, Broken Hearts by Kami Garcia
I loved everything about this young adult novel. It was just so glorious. Most of what I loved was that it dealt with an issue that is so important for young readers to read about. Peyton begins her senior year with her perfect boyfriend Reed and accepting a soccer scholarship from her dream school. That is until a confrontation with her boyfriend results in her being thrown down a flight of stairs. And now she's stuck in a town where next to no one believes her. She thinks her life is officially over when she can't play soccer anymore when her mother sends her off to a small town to live with her uncle. And when she meets the sexy boxer Owen Law she doesn't even know what's going on! This is so much more than just a teenage romance novel. I love that it deals with abuse both physical and emotional abuse and how so many victims' stories aren't listened to. This deals with so many issues that are important to young adults today and I would recommend this book to everyone.

Reading: Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Anxiety ridden Aza is living her best anxious life (this is not a good thing) when her best friend Daisy all but demands that they go on the hunt for missing fugitive/billionaire Russell Pickett. What Aza doesn't expect is to be caught up within her old childhood friend, Davis Pickett, son of said fugitive. When it feels as if things can't get any bigger than her, everything she does is caught up in a whirlwind of thoughts in her head. This book is so interesting so far and I love that it doesn't romanticize mental illness like yes finally! It is a little dry in places but that just might be because all the characters are a bit uptight. But I am enjoying it!

To Be Read: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling 
I have already started this for like the third time haha! Do I even need to explain what this is about? My boy Harry Potter is taking on his fifth year at Hogwarts where no one believes him when he says that Voldemort is back. It's a hard and sad life for Harry this year. Obviously I am going to recommend this book, this series, anything by our Queen Joanne Rowling. If you haven't read Harry Potter than just GET TO IT!



- E


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read