The Bachelor Season 22 // Finale Recap

*Spoilers Ahead - in case you didn't work that out*

Wow where do I even start?

I mean really? Did anyone see that coming? (Apart from all the major news outlets that have been reporting about this for the last two weeks) But I think Chris Harrison may have actually been accurate when he said that this might be the most dramatic Bachelor finale ever.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Let’s start with the final two. Becca K and Lauren B, both of whom were good picks to win because there were two Becca/Bekah’s and four Laurens. I was rooting for my Becca/Bekah’s from the get go. In my Bachelor Episode One Recap I said that I want/predict that either Becca K or Bekah M would win. So I’m enthralled yet not surprised that Becca was in his final two. I wouldn’t have picked Lauren in the beginning but as the weeks went on I definitely saw a connection build between the two. Was it as large as Becca’s? I don’t know (I don't think so but that might have just come down to the way it was edited)

Arie’s family met Lauren first and then when they met Becca they CONTINUED TO TALK ABOUT LAUREN?! Like what? And then his dad is like, “We don’t care who he picks” or something. Which is a great thing to say in front of one of your son’s girlfriends. But then in the end, his family thinks that Becca would be a good fit for him. 

FASTFOWARD TO THE FINAL ROSE CEREMONY









And he picks Becca! 


Kinda?

For the most part it was a pretty good proposal. You know he was all “I choose you today and I’ll choose you forever.” And “When do you want to start having kids?” It was great and lovely and they both cheered and he lifted her up and kissed her yes congratulations.

Fast forward a few months: And he’s breaking up with Becca for Lauren ON CAMERA.
I have so many problems with this. Why would you break up with her on camera? I understand that this is The Bachelor and that you’re essentially setting yourself up to have your break up filmed, but come on! He proposed! She was all happy and assumed that they were moving on with their lives together. So to be hit with a break up ON CAMERA is just such a slap in the face I feel. And such disrespect to her and their relationship together.

Why propose in the first place? Surely if you’re not sure until the morning of, whether you should propose or not, it means you shouldn’t propose. I feel as if this is a life lesson for everyone even if you’re not on the Bachelor/Bachelorette. If you aren’t sure if you want to be married to someone yet, DON’T PROPOSE. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have picked anyone – just don’t propose. 

And then he goes to Lauren’s house to try and see if they could reconcile. WHO HUGS HIM? Honestly I’m so confused here. Does she not remember that he dumped her? In Peru? She basically just accepted him back into her life? Like I guess I’m happy for them? (although in my Episode one recap I remember saying that Lauren B couldn't win because we've already had one Lauren B snag that final rose lol) I have no idea to be honest. And then on After the Final Rose, she has the disillusion to say that she thinks Arie handled things well. He handled things so badly there have been new words created to describe how badly he handled things.

AND THEN! He proposed to Lauren! Whilst Becca was backstage! Like seriously. You’ve already broken up with her on camera, gotten back with your ex-girlfriend and now he’s proposed to her. Congratulations Arie! You managed to break up with everyone on your season and propose to two women in less than six months! (Eat your heart out Ross Geller)

I guess the only consolation I have is that Becca is the new Bachelorette. Which I am so absolutely thrilled about! And also Bekah M pretty much annihilated Arie for everything he did so that was pretty satisfying too. Does this recap end on a happy note? Becca’s the bachelorette and Arie and Lauren are supposedly happy. So yay? Here’s my advice for Becca as The Bachelorette: Good luck with all your men and I’m sure you’ll be amazing! Just don’t let anyone propose if you’re not read or sure. It’ll save us all a lot of emotional damage.




-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read