A Little Makeup Haul

You know I feel about lip products. I think every girl buys too many lip products than they should do. I fit in that category. Has anyone seen that episode of 2 Broke Girls where Max and Caroline have like no money at all but Max wants this damn lipstick. That is my life. Like I probably shouldn't be spending money on makeup, but I am. At least I get a blog post out of it.

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator 
I use this as a highlighter because it's dark enough to be one for me. It's quite light in terms of thickness of it. It comes on really smooth and has a light shine to it. It's thankfully not that sparkly because it drives me crazy when everything is sparkly. This does glow quite nicely on my upper cheekbones and I really like the smooth texture of this. With this a little goes a long way, you should definitely not be slathering this on because you'll look overly sparkly. If you have lighter skin you could probably pull this off as a bronzer. I don't know if you could use it as contour because it's not heavy enough for that.



Sportsgirl 'Pout About It!' Lipstick 
I bought this lipstick in the shade 'Dark Angel' and it is actually the darkest red lipstick I own. I've been looking for a dark dark nearly black red lipstick and I FINALLY found one! It looks like purple on the swatch but it definitely is not. It is definitely not purple on my lips. A lot of people actually quite like Sportsgirl lipsticks, a lot of people rave about them and count them as drugstore. My friend Lidya told me to get it because she really liked it. It does have a decent staying power, obviously not as long as some higher end lipsticks but I had both Nandos and Ribs in one night (excuse my fatty habits) and it was still pretty prominent on my lips.



Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 
Everyone goes on about this mascara as if it is God's gift to eyelashes. And  I didn't  really care until it went on sale and then thought oh I may as well pick it up because it was under $10. This is really similar to the Benefit Roller Lash. Both have the same sort of wands which is pro-curl, but I prefer this than the Roller Lash because this is more effective to make them lashes curlier. I also like the whole thing as a whole; the shape of it and the dusty pink colour. Lol I know that's not that helpful when you're reading a product review, because as if the aesthetic of it is going to make a difference to the actual product. My eyelashes are not very curled so I usually have to curl them AFTER I put mascara on which I know makes your eyelashes more brittle and it's more likely to fall out. But with this I can get away with just curling them before I put mascara on.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick 
If I'm honest a part of me picked up this lipstick because I didn't have one from Revlon and wanted to join the Revlon lipstick club. I wanted to get their new Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour, but I either have some of these colours in similar lip products or the colours just wouldn't look nice on me. I got the shade 'Rum Raisin' which looks like a peach colour with a hint of brown on me. It's also one of the only pinker shades that I will wear. I think if you've got fair skin, this would look great on you because it looks great on my mum. And my friend Josh told me this shade looks really nice on me so yay for Josh.


Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick
This is my favourite purchase of the lot and it is slowly becoming my favourite thing to throw on my lips. I got this shade in '48' which is a brown. Brown is a very in colour right now. On me it just looks as if I'm wearing a nude, which I don't mind because it's simple, not too fancy so I obviously wear it all the time because it's my 'lazy lipstick'. I call lipsticks I wear all the time 'lazy lipsticks' because they usually match everything and I don't have to worry about it clashing with my outfit. I know most people like a matte brown but I prefer one that has more moisture to it. I don't mind a matte though. Also this smells really nice. I don't smell my lipsticks believe me but this one smells nostalgic to me. It smells like an amplified version of a fancy Estee Lauder lipstick my mum used to have in her purse when I was younger.


Make up Make out Bronzer
Factorie was having a sale on their cosmetics and if I'm honest until this point I would not have bought any make up from Factorie because they charged more for things that I would pay at a drugstore so it's like...why? But now they're on sale so the shopaholic part of my brain went a little crazy. I bought this bronzer because this is one of the first bronzers I've found that is darker than my actual skin colour. I never thought this day would come :')! It' s got a bit of a sparkle to it and it is quite dark I was pretty surprised.


Make up Make out Bronzer Brush
This brush was really soft and I didn't have a proper one so I thought I would pick one up to use. I never use brushes for what they're actually meant for though. I probably didn't even need a new make up brush I was just tempted by the feathery softness of the brush.

Make up Make out Nailpolish 
I got this in the shade 'Candy Blue' but there are some accents of green in it. I like Factorie's nail polishes. They've got really nice shades and I like the glossy finish that comes with it. I did notice however notice that after I painted my nails and then had a very hot shower, (I mean how else are you gonna have a shower in Winter) it started to chip a little. Not the longest staying power.

Hope you've enjoyed reading about how I've been throwing money at unnecessary things. Maybe it'll make you feel better about your life! Also I watched Now You See Me: The Second Act which was so SO good. You should all go watch it
Instagram: evillittlerunt

Much love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

Malaysian Clothes Haul