I Got More Makeup!

My guilty pleasure is walking around Chemist Warehouse. Which then leads to me spending more money than I should (it's so bad, I should stop). After a while of using them I thought I could now give an accurate opinion on them.




Elf Cosmetics Concealer 
I had such high hopes for this concealer. This was the first product of Elf Cosmetics I've tried and I hate to say that I was disappointed. I use the last shade on the right. At first touch it is really moist. So I thought that this would work with me. In reality it begins to feel really dry under my eyes and actually start to flake after some time. It also just sits in my creases under my eyes no matter how much I blend it. I'll probably give this concealer one more try before I decide to say hell no.



L'oreal True Match Foundation 
Rant alert: You have no idea how hard it is to find foundation that is my shade. I am a dark-skinned girl living in a white make-up world. Sorry if that offends you but it is true. I'll pick up a shade called like "mocha" and it's the shade of a milky tea not a mocha. There are seldom any shades of drugstore foundation or concealer (especially concealer) that match my skin tone. Even companies like Maybelline, Revlon and L'oreal that have some darker shades, I only manage to fit the last shade. And just imagine, there are women out there who are much darker than me and if I'm only managing to fit the darkest shade than what the hell are they wearing? Sorry for the rant but I just think it's crap that the Australian branches of these companies don't choose to stock these colours. Because if you look, these colours are stocked in other countries. And also the lady at the Revlon counter confirmed this and told me it's true. So cheers to L'oreal for at least stocking some degree of dark shades of foundation because I really like this foundation. It is so creamy and blendable. It is definitely a dewy foundation but at the same time I don't feel the need to powder my face afterwards. I haven't stopped using this since I've bought it. It's a must-buy!


Rimmel Brow Pencil 
Shade: black brown. I never used to use a pencil to do my brows. I was always just an eye shadow girl (because I am lazy and now that I have fringe, I don't even bother to do my brows). This pencil has definitely converted me. This pencil makes it look like I haven't done my eyebrows which is the look I tend to go for. I'm not about this 'brows on fleek' life, I like my eyebrows to look slightly homeless looking HAHA, I don't know if that's the best description but it's the one I'm going for.


Max Factor Wild Shadow Pencil
Shade: Ferocious white. I suck at doing my eye shadow. My eyelids are Asian and too small and I never think I do a good job. So I really like this pencil because I can draw it on my eye lids and look semi presentable. However this is not that pigmented and tends to rub off sooner than I would like. I want to try Covergirl Flamed Out Pencil which is pretty similar but hopefully more pigmented. And so far this hasn't been sharpening well for me.



Maybelline Eye Studio 24 Hour Colour Tattoo 
This is like a pigment and oh my oh my is it a pigment. The hype about these is the real deal. These are like little pots of colour that you can apply using your fingers. The shade I got is chocolate suede. I have used a brush before but I have found it easier and better just using my finger. This comes out so strong. It is crazy how pigmented this comes out as. Also I like that this colour does not have this extreme shine to it because I'm starting to hate shiny eye shadow.



Australis AC ON TOUR contouring kit
Thanks a bunch Australis for stocking this in a dark complexion kit because this actually fits my skin tone! I tried the medium skin tone kit as well and that matches my skin tone too so if I needed I could always go a shade down. The packaging is really sleek and pretty and it's not in that glossy finish that gets all your make up stuck on it, it's just a smooth finish. I use the bottom middle and right shades for contour, the middle is too light but the right is too dark but mixed they are perfect. This is really really powdery. As soon as I pat my brush into a shade, a whole lot of powder comes out. Which then means that it is REALLY pigmented. It goes on really pigmented and for the most part, stays on for a good portion of the day. Really happy with this buy.

And because I always end with something I've been loving:
I went to go watch the Fantastic Beast movie the other day - SO GOOD.
Until next time
Much Love
- E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July: Read, Reading and To Be Read

My 5 Minute Spring Make-Up Look

January: Read, Reading and To Be Read